Need help? Need food? Call 708-633-5040
We are practicing social distancing as of 3/18/20. For your safety – Food Pantry volunteers and staff are pre-packing bags and distributing them outside of the building, similar to a curb side pick-up. This allows staff and clients to have limited contact with each other. When you arrive, please call us and let us know you are in the parking lot. A member of our staff will bring the bags to your car.
Together We Cope food pantry feeds 5,000 monthly
Many of our neighbors in the 27 south suburban communities within Bremen, Orland, Palos and Worth townships — the Together We Cope service area — could not put food on the table without our help.
Where does the food come from?
We buy food from the Greater Chicago Food Depository and receive some food at no cost from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. But donations from generous local businesses, restaurants, grocery stores, and community groups make an enormous difference, enabling us to feed about 5,000 people each month.
How you can help
- Donate food. For a list of groceries we need most, click here.
- Got a group? Host a food drive. It’s an easy way for your business, school, church or community group to make a big difference in the community. TWC will drop off bins and pick them up when you’re done. Call Tony Roman, our pantry services manager at 708-633-5040, ext. 7228.
- Host a personal care products drive, winter coat drive, or a diaper drive. These items aren’t covered by a Link card (food stamps). When we can provide them, it enables clients to use their own money for rent or mortgage payments and helps them stay in their homes. For a list of toiletries we need most, click here.
- Volunteer in the pantry. Stock shelves, pack grocery bags, even drive our van to pick up food at local stores. To learn more, call Cathy Trongeau at at 708-633-5040, ext. 7211.
“I go home feeling proud that I helped feed 80 families that day.” – Ed Hill of Midlothian, food pantry volunteer
Monday- CLOSED Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9 am to 1 pm
Thursday: 2 to 6 pm
17010 Oak Park Ave. Tinley Park, IL 60477
If you need food
Bring to the pantry an ID and a piece of mail, postmarked within the last 60 days that shows your current address. Individuals residing within our service area boundaries are eligible to receive groceries for themselves or their families once a month. Individuals who do not live within our service area are allowed one bag of emergency food, one time per year.
- Our service area does not include the Mount Greenwood neighborhood within Worth Township because it is a part of the City of Chicago.