Together We Cope volunteers make all the difference
TWC volunteers make our operation successful. Many people, talents and gifts are needed to fulfill our mission of helping neighbors stay in their homes when a temporary financial crisis hits.
Ready to become a TWC volunteer?
Do you have a special skill or interest you’d like to share with us?
Pick a date and time that works for you and call Cathy Trongeau our volunteer and community service coordinator at (708) 633-5040, ext. 7221. Leave a voicemail message and phone number and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Community Service applicants must be over the age of 16.
“Always an amazing environment. Classmates from TPHS have always lent a helping hand and now I would love to do the same. Thank you for the Wedding dress I randomly bought a few years ago haha! Still have it!” — Shiann
- drive our van for pickups and deliveries
- pack shopping bags with groceries
- greet clients
- enter client data
- unload trucks
- check expiration dates
- stock shelves
- fill the freezers
- feed the dumpsters
- weigh and record food donations
TWC volunteers get everything done. Food pantry volunteers make sure hungry families get nutritious food. They sort, clean and ensure that foods meet quality control standards.
Resale shop volunteers
- examine donated items for flaws
- reject unsafe or unsatisfactory donations
- organize sales floor display shelves
- provide customer service
- assist customers at bridal sales
- create window displays
- attach price tags
- fill clothes racks
- perform cashier duties
- pack and unpack merchandise
- assess jewelry
- and many other tasks
What our volunteers say
- “I think TWC is meeting the community’s needs. I enjoy being here.”—Delynn Flannery, resale shop volunteer
- “Together We Cope does a terrific job. It helps people here in our community, and I’m enjoying this job,”— Dorothy Senick, Nu2u Resale Shop volunteer
- “Volunteering at Nu2u during my retirement is very gratifying. I have bonded friendships with other volunteers, staff, customers and clients. These friendships will be everlasting.”— Sharon Marth, resale shop and client services volunteer
- “The people I work with make it a joy to come to work. There is nothing I would rather do with my leisure hours!”— Cheryl Ryniak, resale shop volunteer
Volunteer by hosting a drive for us
If you are over the age of 16, click here for Community Service information