Our commitment to our donors
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by Together We Cope Worldwide, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the Together We Cope website), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as provided herein, individually identifying personal information provided through the Sites will not be sold or otherwise disclosed to third parties not affiliated with TWC. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which TWC enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by TWC in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of TWC or any other person or entity. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data that users provide to TWC may also be provided to third parties that contract with TWC to provide products, information or other services that TWC believes that users may be interested in obtaining. While TWC may undertake efforts to see that any third party to whom TWC discloses personal information is under an obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which TWC exercises no control. TWC is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
- Internet Security. TWC uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Sites are generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Sites will be interrupted or unavailable. TWC will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that TWC shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Sites. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any content via the Sites may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our Sites will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to TWC via the Sites or the Internet in general, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
- Comments, Notices and User Content. All materials or comments posted to any aspect of the Sites are public. Please refer to the Website Terms and Conditions or the Intranet Terms and Conditions, as applicable to your use, for further detail concerning User Content and other materials submitted to the Sites. As such, TWC assumes no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Any comment system on the Sites may utilize an opt-in Geolocation service in accordance with a prevailing community standard such as HTML 5. Such Geolocation opt-in ability is managed by the user’s browser settings. If a user chooses to opt-in to the Geolocation service, the user’s comments may be associated with the user’s location, both internally within TWC and publicly on the Sites.
- Opt-Out Right. Except as necessary for TWC to provide the services, information, or products requested by a registered user, by updating the profile preferences on the Sites, a registered user may opt out of having his or her personally identifiable information, which has been voluntarily provided to TWC through an account registration, or electronic news or information subscription, prospectively retained by TWC, used by TWC for secondary purposes, or disclosed by TWC to third parties. (This does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the user to the Sites, or to non-identifiable user information provided or collected.)
- Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information. Upon your request via postal mail, email, or telephone, TWC will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by TWC that has been voluntarily provided by you to TWC through online forms, registration forms, surveys, email, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting TWC by email at prevention@TogetherWeCope.org.