Make a difference in your community!
It takes many people, many talents and many gifts to help our neighbors stay in their homes when a temporary financial crisis hits. We could not do it without our volunteers.
- In our food pantry, volunteers make sure hungry families get nutritious food. Our food pantry receives donated food from grocery stores and food drives. Volunteers are needed to sort, clean and ensure that foods meet quality control standards.
- In our resale shop they sort donated items, organize merchandise, provide excellent customer service, create window displays, stock shelves, perform cashier duties, and many other tasks.
- At our special events, they help create an experience the community loves to support. Not sure what you’d like to do, but you know you want to help? Do you have a special skill or interest you’d like to share with us?
What volunteers say about TWC
- “I think TWC is meeting the community’s needs and I enjoy being here.”—Delynn Flannery, resale shop volunteer
- “Together We Cope does a terrific job helping people here in our community, and I’m enjoying this job,”— Dorothy Senick, resale shop volunteer
- “Volunteering at Nu2u during my retirement is very gratifying. I have bonded friendships with other volunteers, staff, customers and clients that will be everlasting.”— Sharon Marth, resale shop and client services volunteer
- “The people I work with make it a joy to come to work. There is nothing I would rather do with my leisure hours!”— Cheryl Ryniak, resale shop volunteer
- “I go home feeling proud that I helped feed 80 families that day.”—Ed Hill, food pantry volunteer
Ready to pitch in?
Pick a date and time that works for you and then email Cathy Trongeau our volunteer and community service coordinator, or call her at (708) 633-5040, ext. 7221.
Need Community Service Hours?
Click here for Community Service information